VISITING THE VANCOUVER STUDIO
Our production dye studio is where the magic happens! On any given day, there are dyers busy creating colours on yarns and skeins being inspected, twisted and packaged. Many of these yarns are available in our own retail storefront at the studio. We stock:
- hand-dyed knitting yarn and weaving yarn by SweetGeorgia Yarns.
- hand-dyed spinning fibre by SweetGeorgia Yarns.
- weaving yarns from Ashford, Gist Yarns and Venne, plus knitting and weaving yarn from Fyberspates.
- spinning and weaving equipment from Ashford, Schacht Spindle and Leclerc.
- knitting and crochet tools, patterns, books and accessories from ChiaoGoo, Coco Knits, Laine publishing and more.
You are welcome to come and shop in-person during our Studio Shop hours, Monday to Friday from 10am-5pm, closed stat holidays.
Everyone is also welcome to join us at the Studio for our in-person Knit Nights, taking place on the second Tuesday of each month from 7-9pm, hosted by Charlotte. If you would like more information about these meetups or to be notified of any cancellations, please contact Charlotte via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For School of SweetGeorgia members, you can also find our meetup information at the SOS Events Calendar.
We are located at 1562 Rand Avenue in Vancouver, one block southwest of Granville Street and SW Marine Drive in Vancouver, near the south end of the Arbutus Greenway. This location offers quick access to Downtown Vancouver, YVR, and other parts of the Lower Mainland with close proximity to the Arthur Laing Bridge and the Oak Street Bridge.
If traveling to our studio by car, the closest main intersection is where Granville Street and SW Marine Drive meet, in the Marpole Granville area.
From Granville Street/SW Marine Drive, turn right/left (south) onto Milton Street and then right (east) onto Rand Avenue. Continue on Rand Avenue past the first set of buildings. We are located near the end within the Heritage Building complex and our unit is at the lower east side. Free parking is available for the building complex.
If traveling to our studio by bicycle or on foot, we are conveniently located near the south end of the Arbutus Greenway, an excellent walking and biking path. At the south end of the Arbutus Greenway, turn right (south) at Milton Street and then right again (east) onto Rand Avenue, continuing on towards the Heritage Building complex.
To get here via public transit, you can:
- take the SkyTrain to the Marine Drive Station at Cambie on the Canada Line. Then transfer to 100 Bus westbound along Marine Drive and then disembark at Granville Street. From there it is a 5-minute walk to the studio.
- take the 010 Bus southbound along Granville Street and disembark at SW Marine Drive. From there it is a 4-minute walk to the studio.
CONTACT US FOR ANY QUESTIONS
Please email us at info [at] sweetgeorgiayarns [dot] com for questions.
Phone: (604) 569-6811
10 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
Closed Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays
Knit City Vancouver 2023:
Note that as we pack up our studio and setup our booth space at Knit City Vancouver, our Studio Shop will be closed from Thursday, September 21 through to Monday, September 25.
Come and say hello at KCV! Our booth will be across from the SweetGeorgia Knitter’s Lounge.